WP Full Stripe changelog
Oct 8, 2018 (v3.16.1)
- Added verifications to make the CVC/CVV code required (even when Stripe doesn’t require it)
- You can select more plans on a form due to increased database column size (from 255 charaters to 2048 characters)
- Fixed an issue of cancelling subscriptions not working on the “Manage subscriptions” page when being logged in to WordPress
- Fixed an issue of subscription trials not working
- Fixed an issue of website assets not loading when WordPress is hosted on Windows webservers (css, js, and image files)
Sep 3, 2018 (v3.16.0)
- Added “Authorize & capture” support for one-time payments
- Reworked how the setup fee works so it’s a proper invoice item now, and tax can be added on top of it
- Fixed an issue of customer name and billing address not set properly on Stripe invoices
- Renamed and moved the “Card captures” menu to the “Saved cards” menu
- Added webhook event handlers for one-time payment state changes (refunded, pending, expired, failed, captured)
Jul 11, 2018 (v3.15.1)
- IMPORTANT: Update to this version if you are using webhooks and subscriptions that end after certain number of charges
- Fixed an issue related to subscriptions not ending automatically
May 25, 2018 (v3.15.0)
- Self-service area for subscribers to update credit card data, and cancel subscriptions (with Google reCaptcha protection)
- Configurable payment description for all one-time payment forms
- Changed the order of the Stripe API keys (publishable, secret) on the “Settings” page
- Made changes to be compatible with the WP Mandrill plugin
Apr 20, 2018 (v3.14.0)
- Card capture forms for customers to submit credit card data (so you can charge them later).
- Error message displayed upon form submit when secret and publishable API keys are entered in the wrong order.
- Updated the Stripe PHP client to v6.4.1
- Made subscription management compatible with v6.0 Stripe API (products as parents of subscription plans).
- Removed Alipay support temporarily.
- Removed Bitcoin support.
- “Lock email address field for logged in users” feature turned into “Fill in email address for logged in users”.
- Fixed an issue related to not displaying error message when an empty form was submitted.
- Fixed an issue related to not saving the default billing country on subscription forms.
- Fixed an issue related to not displaying properly popup button labels containing single quote characters.
- Fixed the bug that the “Could not find payment information” error message was not localizable.
Feb 12, 2018 (v3.13.1)
- Fixed a subscription plan creation/editing/listing issue caused by a new Stripe API version.
- Fixed an issue related to optional custom fields.
Jan 8, 2018 (v3.13.0)
- Added shipping address support to popup forms (both one-time and subscription).
- Increased the maximum number of custom fields per form to 10 (used to be 5).
- The form name is displayed for each payment in WP admin.
- The form name is added as metadata to one-time payments and subscriptions.
- Performed small tweaks to make inline and popup form layouts alike (aligned labels to left, removed fieldset element).
- Removed security verification that caused nonce errors on cached websites.
- Condensed the billing address and the shipping address to one metadata each.
- For one-time payments, all metadata is added to the Stripe charge object (the Stripe customer object is left intact).
- For subscriptions, all metadata is added to the Stripe subscription object (the Stripe customer object is left intact).
November 21, 2017 (v3.12.1)
- Fixed the product description not being displayed on popup subscription forms.
November 13, 2017 (v3.12.0)
- Added tax (VAT) support to subscription forms.
- Added option for simple popup subscription button (no plan selector, no plan info label, no custom fields, no coupon field).
- Added option for selecting the display language of popup one-time payment forms, and popup subscription forms.
September 5, 2017 (v3.11.1)
- Fixed a billing address validation issue on inline one-time forms.
August 22, 2017 (v3.11.0)
- IMPORTANT! This release contains critical security fixes and critical bugfixes. Please update your Full Stripe installation as soon as possible!!!
- Added support for “custom amount” and “select amount from list” payment types to popup one-time payment forms (Stripe checkout forms).
- Updated the Stripe PHP client to the latest version (v5.1.1)
August 18, 2017 (v3.10.0)
- Added popup (Stripe checkout) support to subscription forms.
- Added custom field support to all form types (one-time and subscription, inline and popup).
- Fixed issues with zero-decimal currencies (like the Japanese Yen).
- Fixed WP admin URLs linking to Stripe charges and Stripe subscriptions.
- Fixed the value of the %AMOUNT% placeholder on subscription forms where both setup fee and plan fee have to be charged.
- Fixed an issue of not being able to select certain payment confirmation (“Thank you”) pages for redirects.
April 19, 2017 (v3.9.1)
- Fixed a bug on the edit page of popup forms in WP admin.
April 18, 2017 (v3.9.0)
- Payment currency can be set per form.
- Payment currency can be set per subscription plan.
- Setup fee can be set per subscription plan.
- Added the %DATE% placeholder token to all email notifications.
- Split all form editor pages into tabs in order to make room for new features.
March 1, 2017 (v3.8.2)
- Fixed a bug related to customizable “Thank you” (payment confirmation) pages.
February 26, 2017 (v3.8.1)
- Fixed a bug related to PHP 5.3.x compatibility.
February 24, 2017 (v3.8.0)
- All forms are responsive and mobile friendly.
- “Thank you” pages after payment are customizable with placeholder tokens.
- Payment types “Select amount from list” and “Custom amount” can be combined on one-time payment (and
- New option added to make custom fields mandatory.
- Minimum plugin requirements are verified at activation time.
- Added collision prevention code to handle those cases when other plugins load jQuery in a non-standard
- Fixed a bug with the %PRODUCT_NAME% placeholder when the payment type is “Select Amount from List”.
- Fixed a bug with form names containing only digits.
- Fixed a bug with error messages when invalid card expiry date is provided.
February 15, 2017 (v3.7.5)
- Fixed an issue with payment descriptions containing commas when the payment type is “Select Amount from
January 23, 2017 (v3.7.4)
- Increased amount length from 6 digits to 8.
- The Stripe PHP client has been upgraded to v4.4.0 .
- Fixed a bug that caused the product description not properly being mapped to the %PRODUCT_NAME% placeholder
on Stripe checkout forms.
December 2, 2016 (v3.7.3)
- The Stripe PHP client has been upgraded to v4.2.0 .
November 24, 2016 (v3.7.2)
- Fixed a bug related to missing button icons in WP Admin.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the plugin from being activated (class name collision with other plugins).
- Plan label handling modified to work with themes that remove empty <p>tags.
November 18, 2016 (v3.7.1)
- Error pane handling modified to work with themes that remove empty <p> tags.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the plugin from displaying more than 100 subscription plans.
- Removed placeholders for the card and name fields on subscription forms.
November 2, 2016 (v3.7.0)
- Any number of forms can be embedded into a page or post!
- The plugin can auto-update to the latest version with the click of a button!
- Form shortcode generator added for embedding forms easily into pages and posts (simple copy’n’paste)!
- AliPay support added for one-time payments on Stripe checkout-style payment forms.
- Subscriptions can now be deleted on the “Subscribers” page.
- Country dropdown has been added to the billing address on all form types.
- The “Action” column has been redesigned on all admin pages (iconified buttons).
- The “Payments” page has a new layout, it is more structured and more spacious.
- The “Payments” page has got a search box. Find payments based on customer’s name and email address, Stripe
customer id, Stripe charge id, or mode (live/test).
- The “Settings” page can now be extended by add-ons.
- “Newsfeed” tab has been added to the “About” page.
- Fixed an issue related to being unable to save subscription forms with selected subscription plan names
- The “Transfers” feature has been removed due to incompatibility with the latest Stripe API (will be
- The Stripe client and API used by the plugin has been upgraded to v3.21.0 in order to be compatible with TLS
June 3, 2016 (v3.6.0)
- Support for subscriptions that terminate after certain number of charges!
- Subscriptions can be cancelled from the “Subscribers” page.
- The “Subscribers” page has a new layout, it is more structured and more spacious.
- The “Subscribers” page has a search box. Find subscriptions based on subscribers’ name and email address,
Stripe customer id, Stripe subscription id, or mode (live/test).
- The “Settings / E-mail receipts” page has a new layout for managing e-mail notifications (new email types
- Now you can translate form titles and custom field labels to other languages as well.
- Stripe webhook support added for advanced features in the coming releases.
- Fixed an issue related to the value of the %PLAN_AMOUNT% token when a coupon is applied to the
- Fixed an issue related to plan ids, now they can contain comma characters.
- Improved error handling and error messages for internal errors.
March 15, 2016 (v3.5.1)
- Added %PRODUCT_NAME% token to email receipts (used when payment type is “Select Amount from List”)
- Added extra error handling for failed cards (declined, expired, invalid CVC).
- Fixed issue with long plan lists on subscription forms.
February 21, 2016 (v3.5.0)
- Added Bitcoin support for checkout forms!
- The e-mail field can be locked and filled in automatically for logged in users.
- Success messages and error messages are scrolled into view automatically.
- The spinning wheel has been moved next to the payment button on all form types.
- The lists on the “Payments” and “Subscribers” pages now are descending and ordered by date by default.
- Fixed an issue with payment forms on WordPress 4.4.x: the submitted forms never returned.
December 6, 2015 (v3.4.0)
- New payment type introduced on payment forms: the customer can select the payment amount from a list.
- The “Settings” page is now easier to use, it has been divided into three tabs: Stripe, Appearance, and Email
- The e-mail receipt sender address is now configurable.
- All payment forms (payment, checkout, subscription) add the same metadata fields to the Stripe “Payment” and
- CSS style improvements to assure compatibility with the KOMetrics plugin.
October 30, 2015 (v3.3.0)
- The plugin is translation-ready! You can translate it to your language without touching the plugin code.
(Public labels only)
- Usability improvements made to the currency selector on the “Settings” page.
- Improved error handling on all form types (payment, checkout, and subscription).
- Version number of the plugin is displayed on the “About” and “Help” pages in WP Admin.
- Confirmation dialog has been added to delete operations where it was missing.
- Fixed an issue on subscription forms with the progress indicator spinning endlessly, never returning.
- Fixed an issue on checkout forms with the %CUSTOMERNAME% token not resolved properly in email receipts.
August 22, 2015 (v3.2.0)
- Subscription plans on subscription forms can be reordered by using drag and drop!
- Subscription plans can be modified or deleted directly from WP Full Stripe.
- Page or post redirects can be selected using an autocomplete, no time wasted with figuring out post ids.
- Arbitrary URLs can be used as redirect URLs.
- Placeholder tokens for custom fields are available in email receipts.
July 18, 2015 (v3.1.1)
- Fixed a bug with Stripe receipt emails on subscription forms.
June 25, 2015 (v3.1.0)
- Now you can use plugin email receipts for all form types (payment, checkout, and subscription) !!!
- New email receipt tokens: customer email, subscription plan name, subscription plan amount, subscription
- Separate email template and subject fields for payment forms and subscription forms.
- Support for all countries supported by Stripe (20 countries currently).
- Support for all currencies supported by Stripe (138 currencies in total, number varies by country).
December 30, 2014
- You can now use multiple checkout buttons on the same page!
- Checkout button styling can now be disabled (useful for theme conflicts).
- Some minor changes added for future extensions.
December 5, 2014
- Removing form input placeholders as they conflict with some themes.
- SSN is no longer a required field for transfer forms.
- Support for KO Metrics added.
- Bugfix: settings upgrade properly when installing a new version of the plugin.
November 4, 2014 – We’re now at version 3.0! Over 1 years worth of regular updates & new features
- You can now add up to 5 custom input fields to payment & subscription forms!
- Subscribers and payment records can now be deleted locally (they remain in your Stripe dashboard).
- Lots of UI/UX improvements including appropriate table styling and useful redirects.
- Added livemode status to subscribers.
- Cardholder name correctly added to payment details.
October 16, 2014
- Email address is now a required field on payment forms.
- We now check for existing Stripe Customers before creating new ones.
- Updated the Stripe PHP Bindings to the latest version.
- Fixed deprecated warnings on payment and subscription table pages.
- Fixed a bug with trying to redirect to post ID 0 following payment.
- Hook and function updates to support upcoming Members add-on.
October 7, 2014
- Updated bank transfers feature to include ability to transfer to debit cards as well as bank accounts.
- Fixed a bug with checkout forms not displaying.
September 7, 2014
- Bugfix: Subscriptions create Stripe customer objects correctly again.
August 30, 2014
- Stripe Customer objects are now created for charges, meaning better information about customers in your
- Custom input has been moved from the description field to a charge metadata value
- Fixed Stripe link on payments history tables
- Stripe checkout forms now correctly save customer email
- Locale strings for CAD accounts have been added
July 23, 2014
- Hotfix to update transfers parameter due to Stripe API update
July 20, 2014
- Added option to use Stripe emails for payment receipts
- Fixed issue with redirect ID field on edit forms
- Added customer name to metatdata sent to Stripe on successful payment
June 23, 2014
- New tabbed design on payment and subscription pages
- New sortable table for subscriber list
- Choose to show remember me option on checkout forms
- Ability to choose custom image for checkout form
June 21, 2014
- You can now specify setup fees for subscriptions!
June 18, 2014
- Added ability to customize subscription form button text
- Currency symbol now shows for plan summary price text
- Some typos have been fixed & other UI improvements.
- New About page.
May 5, 2014
- New system allows selection of different form styles
- New ‘compact’ style for payment forms. More to come!
- Tidy up of form code to allow easier creation of new form styles.
Apr 20, 2014
- Checkout form now uses currency set in the plugin options
- Updated currency symbols throughout admin sections
- Tested to work with latest release, WordPress 3.9
Apr 19, 2014
- Added address line 2 and state fields to billing address portion of forms
- Used metadata parameter with Stripe API to better store customer email and address fields
- Address fields on forms now take locale into account (Zip/Postcode, State/Region etc.)
- Added new fields to customize email receipts
Apr 13, 2014
- New form type! Stripe Checkout forms are now supported. These are pre-styled, responsive forms.
- You can now select to receive a copy of email receipts that are sent after successful payments.
- More email validation added.
Mar 21, 2014
- You can now customize payment email receipts in the settings page
- Stage 1 of major refactor of code, making it easier & faster to provide future updates.
- Loads more action and filter hooks added to make plugin more extendable.
Feb 17, 2014
- Subscription forms now show total price at the bottom
- Coupon codes can now be applied, showing total price to the customer
Feb 15, 2014
- Added option to send email receipts to your customers after successful payment
Jan 26, 2014
- Fixed an issue with copy/pasting Stripe API keys sometimes including extra spaces
Jan 15, 2014
- You can now edit your payment and subscription forms!
- Improved table added for viewing payments which allows sorting by amount, date and more.
- General code tidy up. More coming soon.
Dec 27, 2013
- Address option added to payment forms
- Reorganized loading of Stripe code meaning faster load times and less conflicts
- Lots of UI improvements throughout administrator menus
- More hooks added to allow greater extendability
Nov 15, 2013
- Added support for Australian Dollar AUD
- Made changes to improve integration with various HTTPS plugins
Nov 8, 2013
- You can now use coupon codes on your subscription forms
- Added option to redirect customers to a specific post/page after a successful payment
- Documentation updated
Nov 2, 2013
- Increased number of subscription plans to 100
Oct 11, 2013
- Wrapped form styles to avoid interference with certain themes
- Ability to turn off form layout styling altogether
- Fixed a bug with “magic quotes” for font names in custom CSS setting.
Oct 4, 2013
- You can now add custom fields to payment and subscription forms
- Ability to add your own CSS to style forms
- Code tidy-up.
Sept 8, 2013
- Extra customization on payment forms, particularly the amount display and buttons
- Fixed some typos in help text which confused some buyers, sorry!
Aug 24, 2013
- You can now create payment forms with custom amounts, i.e. Donations.
Aug 22, 2013
- Subscription plan intervals now included. i.e. every 2 weeks or 3 months etc.
Aug 15, 2013
- Added support for new currencies: EUR and GBP! Stripe now supports UK & Ireland accounts
- CSS updates to ensure no interfering with certain WordPress theme styling
- Some minor bug fixes
Aug 7, 2013
- Added support for the CAD currency!
- Settings menu updated for new currency selection.